Medical and Surgical Services
Douds Veterinary Hospital is open Monday through Saturday to provide medical and surgical service for dogs, cats, and pot-bellied pigs. We offer:
- Age and risk-appropriate wellcare and preventives
- Treatment of complex illness / Injury cases
- Modern ultrasound, x-ray, endoscopy, and lab
- Advanced intestinal parasite testing
- Laparoscopic dog spays with 1/2″ incision
- Orthopedic and soft tissue surgery
- Laser Therapy
- Chiropractic Care
- Dental cleanings, extractions, preventives
- Enhanced anesthetic safety and monitoring
- Isolation suites
- Easy flea and heartworm control
- Multiple prescription diet options
Appointments are available by calling our office at (440) 774-4542. We require appointments whenever the doctor will be seeing the patient for:
- Examinations and treatments
- Surgery and dental procedures
- Other medical procedures
Please call ahead for suture removals, toenail trims, prescription refills, and special diets.
When admitting your pet for surgery, you will have an appointment with the doctor for a pre-surgical examination. Our staff will explain the upcoming procedure, discuss the recommended pre-surgical bloodwork, and answer any questions you may have. We will usually keep your pet overnight to fast him or her and be ready for surgery early the next morning.
If your pet has symptoms of a contagious disease such as fluid diarrhea, frequent vomiting, frequent coughing, or discharge from the eyes or nose, please check with us before bringing your pet into the building so we can protect the other pets that are here.
If you’re bringing in your pet to have a skin condition examined, it’s best to not bathe or groom your pet the day of the exam.
Dr. Douds also offers home health care services for pets. This is most appropriate for cases where the animal is very difficult to move, the owner is housebound, or a multiple number of animals need attention. Also, sometimes people find it more comfortable to have us perform euthanasias in their home when that sad time comes.
House calls are usually made during the afternoon and are scheduled according to location and seriousness of the case. We ask that you call as far in advance as possible for this service.